I just finished my second owl. I used a smaller cord for this one, a blend of cotton and linen called cottolin. I did the exact same number of cords and knots as for the first owl, but as the picture shows the new owl is much smaller. It took much longer to make the cord for 2 reasons, first I didn't leave gaps and it took many more knots to fill an inch. I used a piece of a spoon handle for the branch and for the closing button. This necklace is much shorter and the owl's tail has been left longer to dangle. Hopefully my next post will have something with pearls. I just got some really neat ones to try.