Saturday, February 5, 2011

Past projects

Dead housewife

Surfer boy
Teddy bear
Opra lady
I thought that I would share some of the doll projects that I have made in the past.  I enjoy making bears and dolls.  I use what I have around the house to make and decorate the dolls.  While I have used patterns for the basic bodies of these, I have changed them some.  All of the dolls shown have button and thread joints and the bear is fully thread jointed, even his head turns on a thread joint.  The surfer boy's tattoo was hand applied with india ink and a toothpick.  His surfboard was cut out of balsa wood.  He has embroidery floss hair.  The dead house wife's green hair is wool roving.  I quilted the opra lady's hair  to give it texture before putting it on.  Her shoes are made from leather scraps.  The teddy bear is made from an old moth eaten cashmere coat and his foot pads are cut from an old leather purse.   I hope that you enjoy seeing these as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment